Website Southern Tier Brewing Company
2nd Shift Packaging Supervisor, Southern Tier Brewing Company
Here’s your opportunity to join a growing organization committed to revolutionizing the craft beer industry. We are hiring for a 2nd Shift Packaging Supervisor. Southern Tier Brewing Company was founded in 2002 and is owned by Artisanal Brewing Ventures, the 13th largest craft brewing company in the United States. Southern Tier is recognized in the industry for innovation in craft brewing, and is committed to producing the highest quality product.
What an exciting time to join the team at Southern Tier Brewing Company! With the opening of our STBC Pittsburgh location and the current development of our Charlotte location with our friends at Victory Brewing Company, the opportunities here are limitless. Becoming a member of the STBC team means you’re joining a truly unique and progressing organization that values the employees’ enthusiasm, commitment, and desire to work with others.
We are looking for world class candidates who share in our vision towards becoming a world class organization.
The Packaging Supervisor is responsible for managing daily tasks on shift to meet packaging schedules. He/she accomplish shipping goals, and plans and carries out continuous improvement projects throughout the Packaging Department.
- Ensures that all daily bottling, canning and kegging activities in Lakewood are run safely and in accordance with SOPs
- Schedules packaging of bottling, canning and kegging in cooperation with General Manager, Director of Brewing, VP Ops, and Production Coordinator
- Ensures that packaging of bottles, cans and kegs in Lakewood are accomplished on-time and according to schedule
- Responsible for all Packaging Department production expression in OBeer
- Responsible for the training, scheduling, daily direction, and biannual review of shift Packaging Department staff
- Responsible for the weekly payroll review of packaging staff
- Assists the Maintenance Department with managing Packaging Department’s preventative maintenance program
- Directs the development and regular revisions of all Packaging Department SOPs
- Develops and manages continuous improvement projects throughout the Packaging Department
- Assists with capital improvement research and commissioning as necessary
- Minimum five years of experience in a production/manufacturing environment with clear advancement in responsibility
- Experience with automated manufacturing and packaging systems
- Familiarity with brewery safety programs and commitment to operator safety
- In-depth knowledge of packaging equipment and manufacturing processes
- In-depth knowledge of basic mechanics, electrical, pneumatic and hydraulic systems, as they pertain to packaging equipment and production/manufacturing processes
- An understanding of brewery sanitation and food safety programs
- The ability to manage a large and diverse team of operators
- The ability to work on various scheduled shifts (1st, 2nd, 3rd, weekends)
- Exceptional communication skills
- Confident public speaking skills
- Strong organizational skills
- Ability to multitask
- Ability to operate a fork truck
- Strong work ethic and a high level of professionalism
- Microsoft Office familiarity, particularly with Excel and Word
- Any experience with payroll and labor management software is a plus
- Occasionally sit or stand for long periods of time
- Frequently sit, stand, walk, bend over, twist, kneel, climb, stoop and crouch. This position requires the ability to routinely and repeatedly lift up to 55 pounds and maneuver 170 pounds repeatedly
- Use their hands to perform fine manipulation, handle or feel, and must be able to reach with their hands and arms
- Identify product deficiencies (color, smell, taste); this requires having close, distance, color and peripheral vision as well as depth perception and the ability to adjust focus
- Safely and properly handle hazardous materials in various size quantities, and operate complex moving machinery
- The Packaging Supervisor will primarily perform work duties in production areas and in an office
- While performing the duties of the job, the Packaging Supervisor is regularly exposed to a damp, wet environment with hot liquids, airborne particles, chemicals and moving machinery. There can be loud noise levels, and protective eyewear is required on the production floor at all times.
Job Type: FT, Regular, Hourly
Location: Lakewood, NY
Reports To: General Manager
Supervisory Responsibility: Packaging Department employees (Shift Specific)
We offer a competitive benefits package including Medical, dental, life and disability insurance, 401k with Company match, employee discount program & paid Vacation, PTO and Holidays. Wages are commensurate with skills and experiences.
Alcohol Responsibility – The candidate must fully understand that they are a representative of not only Artisanal Brewing Ventures, Victory Brewing Company and Southern Tier Brewing Company, but of the alcohol beverage industry. With that said they are to conduct themselves within the limits of the law and with concern to the education of responsible consumption at all times. This includes working hours, trade shows, festivals and while entertaining in the name of Artisanal Brewing Ventures, Victory Brewing Company and Southern Tier Brewing Company. Any poor reflection or legal matters that may arise due to poor judgment may be dealt with by means of disciplinary action or termination.
This Job Description is only a summary of the typical functions of the job, not an exhaustive or comprehensive list of all possible job responsibilities, tasks and duties. The responsibilities, tasks and duties of the jobholder might differ from those outlined in the Job Description and that other duties, as assigned, might be part of the job.
Southern Tier Brewing Company is an Equal Opportunity Employer