Website Southern Tier Brewing Company
Here’s your opportunity to join a growing organization committed to revolutionizing the craft beer industry. We are hiring for a 3rd Shift Packaging Set-up Technician. Southern Tier Brewing Company was founded in 2002 and is owned by Artisanal Brewing Ventures, the 13th largest craft brewing company in the United States. Southern Tier is recognized in the industry for innovation in craft brewing, and is committed to producing the highest quality product.
What an exciting time to join the team at Southern Tier Brewing Company! With the opening of our Pittsburgh & Cleveland locations and the current development of our Charlotte location with our friends at Victory Brewing Company, the opportunities here are limitless. Becoming a member of the STBC team means you’re joining a truly unique and progressing organization that values the employees’ enthusiasm, commitment, and desire to work with others.
We are looking for world class candidates who share in our vision towards becoming a world class organization.
The 3rd Shift Packaging Set-up Technician is responsible for performing nightly tasks to insure that the packaging lines are properly cleaned and set up to allow the 1st shift Packaging Operators to meet packaging schedules. He/she is responsible for cleaning, setting up and maintaining the packaging equipment, including, but not limited to; carton/carrier erection machines, depalletizers, drop packers (glass), case wrappers (cans), tray packers (cans), case sealers, palletizers, labelers (glass), fillers (glass, can & keg), crowners (glass), seamers (can), date coders and x-ray inspection equipment, as well as any manual tasks necessary to the overall packaging operation. The 3rd Shift Packaging Set-up Technician may be required to operate the keg line, as scheduled packaging volumes dictate. The 3rd Shift Packaging Set-up Technician is responsible for always maintaining a clean, safe working environment, to insure that the beers that are packaged are of the highest quality, packaged in the best ways possible.
Reports to: Packaging Supervisor
- Ensures that all daily packaging activities on the bottling and can lines in Lakewood are executed safely and in accordance with SOPs.
- Responsible for the task of performing and completing PM projects on the overnight as directed by a supervisor or maintenance personnel.
- Responsible for the CIP process on machinery and ensuring the correct concentration of cleaning chemicals.
- Responsible for general cleaning of packaging area’s (machines inside and out, floors, walls, overhead fixtures).
- Responsible for the correct attachment of packaging machine to the bright tanks, to prevent contamination of the machine or the bright tank.
- Responsible for insuring that DO and CO2 TPO analysis of packaged keg product are within specification.
- Responsible for the care and maintenance of the product in the bright tanks after the completion of packaging for the day.
- Performs miscellaneous tasks and projects as directed by the Packaging Supervisor, including, but not limited to; cleaning, painting, disposing of old product, assembling packaging, taking inventory, light maintenance, etc.
- If needed responsible for operating packaging equipment (box shop, depalletizers, packers, wrappers, sealers, palletizers) or work in other department as necessary.
- High school graduate or equivalent
- Minimum one year of experience as a Packaging Associate or equivalent
- Familiarity with brewery safety programs and priority commitment to operator safety
- Working knowledge of cellaring processes
- An understanding of brewery sanitation and food safety programs
- An understanding of keg line packaging equipment and keg filler operations
- Ability to work independently, with minimal supervision
- Ability to work flexible hours, including off shifts, weekends and holidays
- Strong organizational skills
- Ability to multitask
- Strong work ethic and a high level of professionalism
- Primarily stand for long periods of time
- Primarily work the 3rd (over night) shift
- Frequently sit, stand, walk, bend over, twist, kneel, climb, stoop and crouch. This position requires the ability to routinely and repeatedly lift up to 55 pounds and maneuver 170 pounds repeatedly
- Use their hands to perform fine manipulation, handle or feel, and must be able to reach with their hands and arms
- Identify product deficiencies (color, smell, taste); this requires having close, distance, color and peripheral vision as well as depth perception and the ability to adjust focus
- Safely and properly handle hazardous materials in various size quantities, and operate complex moving machinery
- The 3rd Shift Packaging Set-up Technician will primarily perform work duties in production areas
- While performing the duties of the job, the 3rd Shift Packaging Set-up Technician is regularly exposed to a damp, wet environment with hot liquids, airborne particles, chemicals and moving machinery. There can be loud noise levels, and protective eyewear is required on the production floor at all times.
This Job Description is only a summary of the typical functions of the job, not an exhaustive or comprehensive list of all possible job responsibilities, tasks and duties.
Southern Tier Brewing Company is an Equal Opportunity Employer