Website Southern Tier Brewing Company
Brand Ambassador/Sampling Representative, Southern Tier Brewing Company
Now is your opportunity to join a growing and thriving organization that is revolutionizing the craft brewing industry. Southern Tier Brewing Company seeks a part-time, hourly Brand Ambassador/Sampling Representative for its growing Sales Team.
Southern Tier Brewing Company was founded in 2002 and is owned by Artisanal Brewing Ventures, the 13th largest craft brewing company in the United States. Southern Tier has been recognized in the industry for innovation in craft brewing, and is committed to producing the highest quality product.
The candidate’s mission will be to support the sales efforts for Southern Tier Brewing Company. The Brand Ambassador – Sampling Representative will be a part-time ambassador for our beer and our brand at a variety of events, festivals and tastings. The primary duty is to represent Southern Tier Brewing Company in a professional, positive, enthusiastic and knowledgeable way.
Southern Tier Brewing Company is looking for World Class Candidates who share our appreciation for quality beer and who want to join World Class Organization. Our mission is to be the largest craft brand in all of our core markets.
- Engage with customers at events to educate them on our beers and our Company.
- Set-up, break down and clean pouring stations at event site.
- Transport and maintain table display, equipment and materials.
- Pour beers, hand out promotional materials, be able to discuss the beer characteristics.
- Maintain a professional image and demeanor at all times.
- Support STBC Sales staff, as needed.
- Attend brewery training events to stay current with offerings.
- Perform other business related duties as assigned.
- Must be 21 years of age, or older.
- High School graduate – college degree is preferred.
- Craft beer industry passion and the appreciation of the culture that goes with it.
- Excellent communication skills, particularly public speaking.
- Have an outgoing, energetic, confident personality.
- Ability to work nights and weekends, along with a flexible work schedule with notice.
- Certified Cicerone or Certified Beer Server is considered a plus.
- Regular visits to bars, restaurants, stores and festivals, some of which may be outdoors.
- A valid state driver’s license is required and must be maintained throughout employment period with Southern Tier Brewing Company.
- The candidate must fully understand that they are a representative not only Southern Tier Brewing Company but of the alcohol beverage industry. Associates are to conduct themselves within the limits of the law and with concern to the education of responsible consumption at all times. This includes working hours, trade shows, festivals and while entertaining in the name of the Southern Tier Brewing Company. Any poor reflection or legal matters that may arise due to poor judgment may be dealt with by termination.
- Candidate should be able and willing to lift at least 31.5 lbs. from ground level to a shelf 50 inches from the floor. The candidate should also be able to move 165 lbs. of kegged beer from one location to another by sliding it on the floor.
- Selected candidate will be required to pass a post-offer, pre-employment background and driver’s license check.
- Adherence to safety policies and procedures of the worksite.
- You must be at least 21 years of age.
This Job Description is only a summary of the typical functions of the job, not an exhaustive or comprehensive list of all possible job responsibilities, tasks and duties.
Southern Tier Brewing Company is an Equal Opportunity Employer