Artisanal Brewing Ventures
Artisanal Brewing Ventures (ABV) has an opening for a Controller, Direct to Consumer. This role is responsible for the accounting and financial analysis for ABV’s Direct to Consumer platform, which includes multiple taprooms, in multiple states. Under the direction of the Chief Financial Officer, this individual will be responsible for the closing, analysis, and reporting of the monthly financials. The role will work very closely with our Vice President, Direct to Consumer, as well as the General Managers of each taproom.
The individual will demonstrate a collaborative working style and possess a focus on partnering with the Company’s business leaders. It also includes providing financial decision and support to functions.
ESSENTIAL DUTIES AND RESPONSIBILITIES includes the following: (Other duties may be assigned.)
- Prepare and post journal entries and account reconciliations in conjunction with the month-end close process.
- Review areas within the general ledger for accuracy of reporting.
- Perform account analysis and account roll forwards.
- Investigate and work with taproom management to resolve accounting and inventory discrepancies and irregularities.
- Analyze assets, liabilities, revenues and expenses of brewpubs to ensure proper allocation, accumulation and reporting recorded on a monthly basis.
- Maintain financial security by upholding established internal controls and enforcing proper accounting methods, policies and principles.
- Monitor inventory control and provide analysis regarding variances, etc.
- Perform sales entries, as well as enter and process accounts payable.
- Assist in the accurate and timely monthly, quarterly and year end closes.
- Assist in the reporting of accurate federal and state beer excise taxes, where applicable.
- Assist with annual audits.
- Perform regular monthly analysis of accounts and financial information to document variance and monitor for errors or unusual/unexpected activity.
- Perform financial analysis, as needed.
- Assist with the preparation of forecasts and the annual budget.
- Participate in ad-hoc projects as they relate to the financial condition of the Company.
- Education: Bachelor’s degree in finance, accounting, economics or business. CPA or MBA preferred.
- Experience in the restaurant or hospitality industry and the ability to interface with all departments to ensure consistency and cooperation.
- Work Experience: 3-5 years’ experience in financial planning & analysis.
- Solid communication and interpersonal skills.
- Advanced PC skills including Windows, Microsoft Office Suite, and advanced Excel modeling.
- Proficient use of automated general ledger systems and reporting tools (SAP, Great Plains, and Orchestrated BEER) a plus.
- Proficient in restaurant accounting and management software (Compeat).
- Ability to work collaboratively in a diverse environment and interact effectively with other groups and departments, clients and partners.
- Willingness to continuously learn and be open top feedback to improve individual performance.
- Knowledge of finance, accounting and inventory control principles including Generally Accepted Accounting Principles (GAAP).
- Knowledge of Restaurant Point of Sales systems. Further knowledge of Micros/Oracle, Digital Dining and Aloha a plus.
- Knowledge of federal and state beverage industry regulations and reporting requirements a plus.
- Ability to multi-task, work under pressure and meet required deadlines.
- Attention to detail and accuracy.
- Strong communication skills, both internal and external, across all levels.
- Ability to prioritize and work independently.