Position: Field Sales Representative Job Type: FT, Regular, Salaried
Location: Brooklyn, Queens, & Long Island Reports To: Area Sales Manager
Supervisory Responsibilities: None at this time
Southern Tier Brewing Company, in operation since late 2002, is committed to brewing world-class beer. Our brand mission is centered on quality, flavor and innovation. The brewery has a state-of-the-art brewhouse, fermentation cellar and fully automated Krones CIP and yeast handling systems and has a capacity to brew over 230k barrels. With sales distribution already in almost 40 states, our mission is to be the largest craft brand in all of our core markets.
We are looking for employees who share our appreciation for quality beer and want to be part of a premier team.
Job Description Summary:
The Field Sales Representative (FSR) is responsible for building and maintaining professional relationships with key distributor personnel and retail accounts (both on & off premise) in order to grow sales and increase brand presence.
Essential Duties and Responsibilities:
- Achieve sales goals for assign territory and accounts.
- Execute distribution initiatives.
- Monitor daily activity and accomplishments via STBC’s field execution tool.
- Conduct special events, festivals, beer dinners & tastings as needed
- Train distributors & retail accounts (including bartender & waitstaff personnel) on all brands
- Work in collaboration with the Area Sales Manager as well as the Key Account Manager for the market to achieve team targets, introduce new marketing initiatives and execute programming.
- Use VIP data to identify opportunities or gain other business insights
- Review beer inventory to maintain proper levels based upon our core & seasonal offerings.
- Monitor and uphold STBC’s strict quality standards.
- Perform administrative duties in a timely manner (expense & mileage reports, work calendar, etc.)
- Maintain a professional image and demeanor at all times.
Knowledge, Skills & Abilities – The Field Sales Representative must possess:
- Craft beer industry passion and the appreciation of the culture that goes with it
- A results driven, energetic, confident personality
- Have strong local contacts – know the local scene
- Proficiency in the use of Microsoft Office products, (Excel, Word, Power Point, Outlook)
- Excellent communication skills
- Compelling public speaking and presentation skills
- Exemplary interpersonal, organizational and project management skills
- The ability to drive and have a valid driver’s license
Minimum Education &/or Experience required:
- Bachelor’s Degree, Business or Marketing concentration is preferred.
- 1 – 2 years’ experience in craft beer sales is desirable; preference will be given to those with beverage sales or consumer product goods experience.
- Certified Cicerone or Certified Beer Server is a definite plus
Physical Demands – The Field Sales Representative must be able to:
- Talk and hear
- Routinely sit for long periods of time, but also be able to stand and walk for short periods of time.
- This position requires the ability to routinely lift &/or move up to 25 pounds.
- Must have the ability to reach with hands and arms.
- Identify product deficiencies (color, smell, taste). This requires having close, distance, color and peripheral vision as well as depth perception and the ability to adjust focus.
- Must be able to travel via car, airplane or train.
- Regular visits to bars, restaurants, other retailers and warehouses
- Flexible work schedule is required; special events/festivals, beer tastings / dinners
- Must live in the market they are responsible for
- While performing the duties of this job, the employee must follow the safety procedures and policies of the worksite.
Southern Tier Brewing Company is an Equal Opportunity Employer