Website Southern Tier Brewing Company
Field Sales Representative, Southern Tier Brewing Company
Now is your opportunity to join a growing and thriving organization that is revolutionizing the craft brewing industry. Southern Tier Brewing Company seeks a Field Sales Representative for its growing Sales Team. Southern Tier Brewing Company was founded in 2002 and is owned by Artisanal Brewing Ventures, the 13th largest craft brewing company in the United States. Southern Tier is recognized in the industry for innovation in craft brewing, and is committed to producing the highest quality product.
The candidate’s mission will be to support the sales efforts for Southern Tier Brewing Company. The FSR is responsible for building and maintaining professional relationships with key distributor personnel and retail accounts (both on & off premise) in order to grow sales and increase brand presence.
Territories include: NYC and Long Island
Southern Tier Brewing Company is looking for World Class Candidates who share our appreciation for quality beer and who want to join World Class Organization. Our mission is to be the largest craft brand in all of our core markets.
- Cultivate and strengthen the critical relationship between Southern Tier and our distributor partners.
- Network and inspire distributor sales rep personnel.
- Achieve volume and distribution targets in defined territory and target accounts.
- Conduct special events, festivals, beer dinners & tastings as needed.
- Maximize product velocity by improving merchandising and brand presence within retail locations.
- Monitor daily activity and accomplishments via STBC’s field execution tool.
- Train distributors & retail accounts (including bartender & waitstaff personnel) on all brands.
- Work in collaboration with the Area Sales Manager and Key Account Manager to achieve team targets, introduce new marketing initiatives and execute programming.
- Use VIP data to identify opportunities or gain other business insights.
- Review beer inventory to maintain proper levels based upon our core & seasonal offerings.
- Monitor and uphold STBC’s strict quality standards.
- Perform administrative duties in a timely manner (expense & mileage reports, work calendar, etc.).
- Maintain a professional image and demeanor at all times.
- Perform other business related duties as assigned.
- Bachelor’s Degree, Business or Marketing concentration is preferred.
- 1 – 2 years’ experience in craft beer sales is desirable; preference will be given to those with beverage sales or consumer product goods experience.
- Candidate must have proven computer skills and be proficient in Excel, Word and Microsoft outlook, and have reliable internet access from home.
- Craft beer industry passion and the appreciation of the culture that goes with it
- A results driven, energetic, confident personality.
- Have strong local contacts – know the local scene.
- Excellent communication skills, including public speaking and presentation skills.
- Exemplary interpersonal, organizational and project management skills.
- Must live in the area where the position is located.
- Certified Cicerone or Certified Beer Server is considered a plus.
- Regular visits to bars, restaurants, other retailers and warehouses. Flexible work schedule is required.
- A valid state driver’s license is required and must be maintained throughout employment period with Southern Tier Brewing Company.
- The candidate must fully understand that they are a representative not only Southern Tier Brewing Company but of the alcohol beverage industry. Associates are to conduct themselves within the limits of the law and with concern to the education of responsible consumption at all times. This includes working hours, trade shows, festivals and while entertaining in the name of the Southern Tier Brewing Company. Any poor reflection or legal matters that may arise due to poor judgment may be dealt with by termination.
- Candidate should be able and willing to lift at least 31.5 lbs. from ground level to a shelf 50 inches from the floor. The candidate should also be able to move 165 lbs. of kegged beer from one location to another by sliding it on the floor.
- Selected candidate will be required to pass a post-offer, pre-employment background and driver’s license check.
- Adherence to safety policies and procedures of the worksite.
- You must be at least 21 years of age.
This Job Description is only a summary of the typical functions of the job, not an exhaustive or comprehensive list of all possible job responsibilities, tasks and duties. The responsibilities, tasks and duties of the jobholder might differ from those outlined in the Job Description and that other duties, as assigned, might be part of the job.
Southern Tier Brewing Company is an Equal Opportunity Employer