Website Southern Tier Brewing Company
Key Account Manager, Southern Tier Brewing Company
Now is your opportunity to join a growing and thriving organization that is revolutionizing the craft brewing industry. Southern Tier Brewing Company seeks a Key Account Manager for its growing Sales Team. Southern Tier Brewing Company was founded in 2002 and is owned by Artisanal Brewing Ventures, the 13th largest craft brewing company in the United States. Southern Tier is recognized in the industry for innovation in craft brewing, and is committed to producing the highest quality product.
The candidate’s mission will be to support the sales efforts for Southern Tier Brewing Company. The Key Account Manager is responsible for profitably managing business results (volume, share, profit) for assigned chain accounts. The Key Account Manager
- Develops the account sales plan and facilitates its implementation
- Ensures that products and programs are sold to and executed in on and off premise retailers by coordinating the sales, distribution and program execution through chain buying officers and the Southern Tier Brewing Company system.
- Builds value-enhancing relationships with retailers through category management application, responsive problem solving and proactive relationship management.
Territories include: PA/NJ/OH/NY
Southern Tier Brewing Company is looking for World Class Candidates who share our appreciation for quality beer and who want to join World Class Organization. Our mission is to be the largest craft brand in all of our core markets.
- Call on buyer, retail operations and any internal/external resources that can influence execution.
- Follow STBC’s established call planning and reporting routines.
- Execute account calls in coordination with key wholesaler personnel; sell in objectives consistent with annual plan and communicate call results to network; coordinate execution.
- Enhance/improve/introduce STBC relationship and alignment with assigned accounts.
- Penetrate customer organization to identify decision makers and influencers, build rapport, trust and credibility.
- Share customer Best Practices across team, regions and distributors.
- Bring category knowledge and retail solutions to the customer.
- Understand and apply appropriate services and retail solutions.
- Own the execution of the STBC portfolio in territory (distribution, display execution, distributor service policy).
- Conduct regional/store visits to check on execution and opportunities.
- Manage local pricing strategy/intelligence and in-market tactics.
- Work with marketing resources to develop and deliver customized programming.
- Coordinate distributor price reporting for customer.
- Utilize sales tools (IRI, Nielsen, VIP) to analyze, develop and implement strategic sales plans.
- Perform administrative duties in a timely manner (expense and mileage reports, work calendar, price surveys, etc.).
- Attend special events, festivals, beer dinners and tastings, as needed.
- Maintain a professional image and demeanor at all times.
- Perform other business related duties as assigned.
- Bachelor’s Degree (BA/BS) in Sales, Marketing, Business Administration or related field; MBA is preferred.
- 3-5 years’ sales/marketing experience within a blue chip consumer goods company is required.
- Candidate must have proven computer skills and be proficient in Excel, Word and Microsoft outlook, and have reliable internet access from home.
- Craft beer industry passion and the appreciation of the culture that goes with it.
- A results driven, energetic, confident personality.
- Ability to build strong business relationships and work collaboratively with sales/marketing peers.
- Superior oral and written communication skills, including public speaking and presentation skills.
- Exemplary organizational and project management skills.
- Effective analytical skills – basic finance/business acumen.
- Must demonstrate the ability to manage the selling process with chain buyers, executives and owners, alike.
- Must live in the market where the position is located.
- Intensive travel schedule and flexible work schedule will be required, with regular visits to chain stores, convenience stores, bars, restaurants and festivals.
- A valid state driver’s license is required and must be maintained throughout employment period with Southern Tier Brewing Company.
- The candidate must fully understand that they are a representative not only Southern Tier Brewing Company but of the alcohol beverage industry. Associates are to conduct themselves within the limits of the law and with concern to the education of responsible consumption at all times. This includes working hours, trade shows, festivals and while entertaining in the name of Southern Tier Brewing Company. Any poor reflection or legal matters that may arise due to poor judgment may be dealt with by termination.
- Candidate should be able and willing to lift at least 31.5 lbs. from ground level to a shelf 50 inches from the floor. The candidate should also be able to move 165 lbs. of kegged beer from one location to another by sliding it on the floor.
- Selected candidate will be required to pass a post-offer, pre-employment background and driver’s license check.
- Adherence to safety policies and procedures of the worksite.
- You must be at least 21 years of age.
This Job Description is only a summary of the typical functions of the job, not an exhaustive or comprehensive list of all possible job responsibilities, tasks and duties. The responsibilities, tasks and duties of the jobholder might differ from those outlined in the Job Description and that other duties, as assigned, might be part of the job.
Southern Tier Brewing Company is an Equal Opportunity Employer