Website Southern Tier Brewing Company
Media Specialist | Job Description
WHAT YOU’LL GET TO DO:
The candidate’s mission is to fulfill the role of Southern Tier Media Specialist within our exciting and thriving company and as part of the Marketing Department.
The Media Specialist will have the benefit of working across all platforms of the Southern Tier brand: beer, merchandise, taprooms and e-commerce. For that reason, the position requires an individual who is a team player and exhibits an extraordinary amount of organization.
This position is based out of Southern Tier’s Lakewood, NY Brewery.
SOME OF THE EXCITING TASKS THAT YOU’LL ENJOY ON A DAILY BASIS ARE:
- Manage and grow social media profiles for Southern Tier Brewing Company including, but not limited to:
- Strategically posting daily updates and responses on Twitter, and Facebook, Instagram and any other networks that may be deemed valid for the Southern Tier brand in the future
- Creating monthly content calendar including daily focus and copy to align with Southern Tier’s brand calendar
- Continuously reviewing and analyzing social media management programs to optimize Southern Tier’s marketing efforts
- Managing and maintaining customer reputation on social media and third party review sites
- Developing monthly, quarterly, and ad-hoc analytic reports for social media platforms
- Taking ownership of Southern Tier’s digital marketing efforts including Untappd, targeted email, SEO and mobile marketing
- Sourcing, facilitating, and managing budget allocation for all consumer campaign efforts to support brand priorities including but not limited to radio flights, print ads, billboards, digital ads, etc.
- Serving as the main point of contact for online consumers and media partners
- Maintaining URLs, domains, licensing and payments for web activities
- Staying abreast of industry changes and trends while identifying new strategies and platforms that make sense for Southern Tier Brewing Company
- Taking ownership of Southern Tier’s relationship with outside web hosting vendors and manage web IT support within the Company
- Developing and analyzing consumer surveys for Taprooms, Brewery Innovation and brand teams
- Working closely with the Events Manager to promote events and create similar content between website and social media channels
- Developing a strong relationship with Southern Tier’s Taproom team to assist in event promotion
- Assisting in identifying events where Southern Tier Brewing Company should have a presence both from a sales perspective as well as from a PR/business perspective
- Assisting in organizing and executing company events, primarily in the Lakewood, NY area, as well as across the country as necessary
TO BE SUCCESSFUL IN THIS ROLE YOU WILL NEED:
- College degree in Marketing or related field
- 3 years of related work experience
- Advanced knowledge of social media and experience with paid platforms
- Experience with social media CMS systems and Email Marketing Systems
- Some experience with HTML coding
- Working knowledge of Google Analytics
- Proficiency with Microsoft Office, WordPress, HTML, and Mac Platform
- Exceptional analytical and project management skills
- Excellent written and verbal communication skills
- Professional, confident, and outgoing demeanor
- Ability to work collaboratively and effectively as a team member
- Organized and detail oriented
- Ability to manage many projects at one time and meet tight deadlines
- Positive attitude
- Experience in InDesign, Illustrator and Photoshop a plus
- Availability to work nights and weekends on occasion
- Photography skills a plus
- Must be willing to travel
- Alcohol Responsibility – The candidate must fully understand that they are a representative not only the Southern Tier Brewing Company but of the alcohol beverage industry. With that said they are to conduct themselves within the limits of the law and with concern to the education of responsible consumption at all times. This includes working hours, trade shows, festivals and while entertaining in the name of the Southern Tier Brewing Company. Any poor reflection or legal matters that may arise due to poor judgment may be dealt with by termination.
- Physical Requirements- Candidate should be able to lift at least 30lbs from ground level to a shelf 50 inches from the floor.
This Job Description is only a summary of the typical functions of the job, not an exhaustive or comprehensive list of all possible job responsibilities, tasks and duties. The responsibilities, tasks and duties of the jobholder might differ from those outlined in the Job Description and other duties, as assigned, might be part of the job.