Website Southern Tier Brewing Company
Regional Sales Manager, Southeast, Southern Tier Brewing Company
Now is your opportunity to join a growing and thriving organization that is revolutionizing the craft brewing industry. Southern Tier Brewing Company seeks a Regional Sales Manager for its growing Sales Team. Southern Tier Brewing Company was founded in 2002 and is owned by Artisanal Brewing Ventures, the 13th largest craft brewing company in the United States. Southern Tier is recognized in the industry for innovation in craft brewing, and is committed to producing the highest quality product.
The candidate’s mission will be to support the sales efforts for Southern Tier Brewing Company. The Regional Sales Manager is responsible for leading Area Managers and Field Sales Representatives for a defined region. All efforts grow sales, increase STBC brand presence, and strengthen relationships with our distributor partners in the defined market area.
Ideal residence locations: Charlotte, Richmond, Atlanta
Southern Tier Brewing Company is looking for World Class Candidates who share our appreciation for quality beer and who want to join World Class Organization. Our mission is to be the largest craft brand in all of our core markets.
- Cultivate and strengthen the critical relationship between Southern Tier and our distributor partners.
- Lead and inspire Area Managers and Field Sales Representative teams with a focus on future growth opportunities.
- Build, communicate, execute, and review sales and marketing initiatives with STBC Sales Team and Distributor partners.
- Complete sales calls and business reviews with key regional retailers.
- Develop and conduct on-going training programs with STBC and distributor sales teams.
- Manage regional budgets including volume, sales and marketing, and distributor.
- Achieve target distribution and volume goals.
- Utilize sales tools (IRI, Nielsen, VIP) to analyze, develop and implement strategic sales plans.
- Ensure alignment of pricing strategy throughout region.
- Monitor shipments and inventory while adhering to Southern Tier’s strict quality standards.
- Maintain an excellent working relationship with VP of Sales and fellow members of the Southern Tier team.
- Perform administrative duties in a timely manner (expense & mileage reports, work calendar, price surveys, etc.).
- Assist VP of Sales with presentations, customer visits and special projects.
- Attend special events, festivals, beer dinners & tastings as needed.
- Maintain a professional image and demeanor at all times.
- Perform other business related duties as assigned.
- Bachelor’s Degree, Business or Marketing concentration is preferred.
- 7+ years’ experience in craft beer sales is desirable; preference will be given to those with beverage sales or consumer product goods experience.
- Candidate must have proven computer skills and be proficient in Excel, Word and Microsoft outlook, and have reliable internet access from home.
- Team Management experience, with the ability to coach and mentor direct reports.
- Craft beer industry passion and the appreciation of the culture that goes with it.
- A results driven, energetic, confident personality.
- Excellent communication skills, including public speaking and presentation skills.
- Exemplary interpersonal, organizational and project management skills.
- Must live in the market where the position is located.
- Intensive travel schedule and flexible work schedule will be required, with regular visits to bars, restaurants, other retailers and warehouses, along with attendance at special events, festivals, beer tastings and dinners.
- A valid state driver’s license is required and must be maintained throughout employment period with Southern Tier Brewing Company.
- The candidate must fully understand that they are a representative not only Southern Tier Brewing Company but of the alcohol beverage industry. Associates are to conduct themselves within the limits of the law and with concern to the education of responsible consumption at all times. This includes working hours, trade shows, festivals and while entertaining in the name of Southern Tier Brewing Company. Any poor reflection or legal matters that may arise due to poor judgment may be dealt with by termination.
- Candidate should be able and willing to lift at least 31.5 lbs. from ground level to a shelf 50 inches from the floor. The candidate should also be able to move 165 lbs. of kegged beer from one location to another by sliding it on the floor.
- Selected candidate will be required to pass a post-offer, pre-employment background and driver’s license check.
- Adherence to safety policies and procedures of the worksite.
- You must be at least 21 years of age.
This Job Description is only a summary of the typical functions of the job, not an exhaustive or comprehensive list of all possible job responsibilities, tasks and duties.
Southern Tier Brewing Company is an Equal Opportunity Employer