Artisanal Brewing Ventures
Senior Accountant, Direct to Consumer | Job Description
Artisanal Brewing Ventures (ABV) has an opening for a Senior Accountant, Direct to Consumer. This role is responsible for the accounting and financial analysis for ABV’s Direct to Consumer platform, which includes multiple taprooms, in multiple states. Under the direction of the Controller, this individual will be responsible for the financial closing process and day to day accounting for the company’s taprooms. The role will work very closely with our General Managers for each taproom.
ESSENTIAL DUTIES AND RESPONSIBILITIES includes the following: (Other duties may be assigned.)
- Prepare and post journal entries and account reconciliations in conjunction with the month-end close process.
- Review areas within the general ledger for accuracy of reporting.
- Perform account analysis and account roll forwards.
- Investigate and work with taproom management to resolve accounting and inventory discrepancies and irregularities.
- Perform sales entries, as well as enter and process accounts payable.
- Assist in the accurate and timely monthly, quarterly and year end closes.
- Assist in the reporting of accurate federal and state beer excise and sales taxes.
- Perform bank reconciliations.
- Accounts Payable, including posting invoices and making vendor payments.
- Posting monthly journal entries.
- Reconciling usage of gift cards.
- Reconciliation between taproom accounting software and corporate general ledger.
- Other month-end close duties as assigned.
- Education: Bachelor’s degree in finance, accounting, economics or business.
- Experience in the restaurant or hospitality industry and the ability to interface with all departments to ensure consistency and cooperation.
- Work Experience: 3-5 years’ experience in restaurant or hospitality industry accounting.
- Proficient in restaurant accounting and management software. Experience with Compeat accounting software a plus.
- Knowledge of Restaurant Point of Sales systems. Further knowledge of Micros/Oracle, Digital Dining and Aloha a plus.
- Solid communication and interpersonal skills.
- PC skills including Windows, Microsoft Office Suite, and advanced Excel modeling.
- Proficient use of automated general ledger systems and reporting tools (SAP, Great Plains, and Orchestrated BEER) a plus.
- Knowledge of finance, accounting and inventory control principles including Generally Accepted Accounting Principles (GAAP).
- Knowledge of federal and state beverage industry regulations and reporting requirements a plus.
- Ability to multi-task, work under pressure and meet required deadlines.
- Attention to detail and accuracy.
- Strong communication skills, both internal and external, across all levels.
- Ability to prioritize and work independently.