Website Southern Tier Brewing Company
Staff Accountant, Southern Tier Brewing Company
Here’s your opportunity to join a growing organization committed to revolutionizing the craft beer industry. We are hiring for a Staff Accountant. Southern Tier Brewing Company was founded in 2002 and is owned by Artisanal Brewing Ventures, the 13th largest craft brewing company in the United States. Southern Tier is recognized in the industry for innovation in craft brewing, and is committed to producing the highest quality product.
What an exciting time to join the team at Southern Tier Brewing Company! With the opening of our Pittsburgh & Cleveland locations and the current development of our Charlotte location with our friends at Victory Brewing Company, the opportunities here are limitless. Becoming a member of the STBC team means you’re joining a truly unique and progressing organization that values the employees’ enthusiasm, commitment, and desire to work with others.
We are looking for world class candidates who share in our vision towards becoming a world class organization.
- Work under the supervision of Controller
- Preparing accounting related entries for multiple companies, divisions and general ledgers relating to payroll, benefits, expense reports, travel and credit card reconciliation.
- Payroll report review and reconciliation
- Supporting accounts payable department
- Supporting human resources department
- Regularly maintain detailed reconciliations
- Provide detailed analysis and explanations for all transactions
- At least 5 years of experience required in the following areas:
- Payroll processing – basic knowledge of gross compensation, employment taxes, health and retirement benefits
- General Ledger – journal entries and account reconciliations
- Expense reporting – review, process and post employee expense reimbursements
- Accounts payable – review, prepare allocations, post employee benefit payables
- Intercompany – postings and reconciliation
- Financial statement preparation and analysis experience
- Accounting Degree
- CPA preferred, but not required
- Proficient in Excel
- Strong written and oral communications skills
- Ability to manage multiple projects simultaneously
- Strong organizational and analytical skills
This Job Description is only a summary of the typical functions of the job, not an exhaustive or comprehensive list of all possible job responsibilities, tasks and duties.
Southern Tier Brewing Company is an Equal Opportunity Employer