Website Southern Tier Brewing Company
Chef De Cuisine
Here’s your opportunity to join a growing organization committed to revolutionizing the craft beer industry. Southern Tier Brewing Company was founded in 2002 and is owned by Artisanal Brewing Ventures, a top 10 regional craft brewer in the United States. Southern Tier is recognized in the industry for innovation in craft brewing, and is committed to producing the highest quality product.
What an exciting time to join the team at Southern Tier Brewing Company! With the opening of our Pittsburgh & Cleveland locations as well as our Charlotte location with our friends at Victory Brewing Company & Sixpoint Brewing, the opportunities here are limitless. Becoming a member of the STBC team means you’re joining a truly unique and progressing organization that values the employees’ enthusiasm, commitment, and desire to work with others.
We are looking for world class candidates who share in our vision towards becoming a world class organization.
- Conduct daily line ups, cleaning, cooking and line set schedules consistent with direction given by Executive Chef and GM
- Oversee training and hiring processes that encompass the company’s commitment to establishing a strong work ethic and culture
- Use creativity in working with Executive Chef to develop culinary menus for weekly featured selections, private event menus, and occasional special events
- Work with Executive Chef to concoct unique ways to pair our craft beer platform with our menu design, such as during seasonal and limited beer release offerings
- Be a strong role model and supervisor for all back-of-house staff
- Manage opening and closing procedures of restaurant as scheduled
- Ownership for inventory management and supplies procurement
- Respond and address to any customer complaints in accordance with company policy
- Follow all restaurant safety procedures and take on the role of safety manager in advising and working with back-of-house staff; includes focus on hazard control points, sanitary food handling practices, adherence to all safety and health regulation of county health department
- A minimum of 2 years of restaurant industry experience
- Serve Safe Certified
- Strong knowledge of craft beer and/or serious interest in understanding and learning about methods of using beer in cooking and food pairings
- Must be able to communicate clearly with managers, kitchen and dining room employees and staff
- Physically capable of lifting and moving at least 50 pounds
- Ability to hold a flexible work schedule and work in a fast-paced environment
This Job Description is only a summary of the typical functions of the job, not an exhaustive or comprehensive list of all possible job responsibilities, tasks and duties.
Southern Tier Brewing Company is an Equal Opportunity Employer