Website Southern Tier Brewing Company
Distribution Associate, Southern Tier Brewing Company
Here’s your opportunity to join a growing organization committed to revolutionizing the craft beer industry. We are hiring for a Distribution Associate. Southern Tier Brewing Company was founded in 2002 and is owned by Artisanal Brewing Ventures, the 13th largest craft brewing company in the United States. Southern Tier is recognized in the industry for innovation in craft brewing, and is committed to producing the highest quality product.
What an exciting time to join the team at Southern Tier Brewing Company! With the opening of our Pittsburgh & Cleveland locations and the current development of our Charlotte location with our friends at Victory Brewing Company, the opportunities here are limitless. Becoming a member of the STBC team means you’re joining a truly unique and progressing organization that values the employees’ enthusiasm, commitment, and desire to work with others.
We are looking for world class candidates who share in our vision towards becoming a world class organization.
Job Description Summary
Responsible for assisting in a variety of distribution duties; including but not limited to truck driving, shipping, receiving, loading and unloading trucks, selection of orders and proper stock rotation.
Position: Distribution Associate
Job Type: FT, Regular, Hourly
Location: Lakewood, NY (Western NYS)
Reports to: Warehouse Manager
Essential Duties and Responsibilities:
- Haul products to and from the warehouse to the brewery
- Selection of orders (Beer, packaging & POS items)
- Load and unload trucks both inbound and outbound.
- Receive product.
- Rotate Stock.
- Consolidate pallets of product to best utilize warehouse space.
- Store product.
- Assist with weekly inventory counting.
- Inspect powered industrial equipment daily.
- Follow proper safety procedures.
- Perform facility maintenance and up keep.
- Carry out tasks assigned by the warehouse manager.
Knowledge, Skills & Abilities – The Distribution Associate must possess:
- Ability to perform basic math calculations.
- Ability to read a BOL.
- Ability to operate powered industrial equipment. Forklift, pallet jacks, scrubber/sweeper, etc.
- Ability to drive a tractor trailer.
- Good communication skills both oral and written.
- Strong Planning and Organizational skills.
- Previous Packaging, bottling and racking experience.
- A strong work ethic and the ability to multi-task.
Minimum Education &/or Experience required:
- High school graduate or equivalent.
- Minimum of two (2) years of experience on a forklift.
- Class A CDL with current physical card.
Physical Demands – The Distribution Associate must be able to:
- Frequently stand for the duration of the shift, walk, bend over, twist, kneel, climb, stoop and crouch. This position requires the ability to routinely and repeatedly lift up to 55 pounds and maneuver 170 pounds repeatedly.
- Use their hands to perform fine manipulation, handle or feel, and must be able to reach with hands and arms.
- While performing the duties of this job, the employee is regularly exposed to a cool damp (32 degrees and below), airborne particles, chemicals, and moving machinery. The noise level in the work environment can be very loud.
This Job Description is only a summary of the typical functions of the job, not an exhaustive or comprehensive list of all possible job responsibilities, tasks and duties.
Southern Tier Brewing Company is an Equal Opportunity Employer