Website Southern Tier Brewing Company
Inventory Control Specialist
Here’s your opportunity to join a growing organization committed to revolutionizing the craft beer industry. Southern Tier Brewing Company was founded in 2002 and is owned by Artisanal Brewing Ventures, a top 10 regional craft brewer in the United States. Southern Tier is recognized in the industry for innovation in craft brewing, and is committed to producing the highest quality product.
What an exciting time to join the team at Southern Tier Brewing Company! With the opening of our Pittsburgh & Cleveland locations as well as our Charlotte location with our friends at Victory Brewing Company & Sixpoint Brewing, the opportunities here are limitless. Becoming a member of the STBC team means you’re joining a truly unique and progressing organization that values the employees’ enthusiasm, commitment, and desire to work with others.
We are looking for world class candidates who share in our vision towards becoming a world class organization.
The Inventory Control Specialist is responsible for ensuring proper control and accuracy of materials through the various stages of manufacturing as well as ensuring the accuracy of related material transactions within our ERP system(s). This role will cross-functionally work with a variety of departments including Purchasing/Planning, Manufacturing, Quality, Customer Service, and Warehouse Operations to ensure inventory and materials accuracy. The Inventory Control Specialist will order and maintain inventory control for select materials and other related assignments.
This position will be located at Southern Tier Brewing in Lakewood, NY.
Reports to: Production Planning Manager
- Support and execute best in class warehouse, material handling, and inventory management operations.
- Prepare and analyze various reports (inventory, production, cycle count, etc.).
- Verify items received against order; notify appropriate party of items arrival and address invoice issues for corrections to receipt quantities, corrections to price changes, and/or missing documentation.
- Reconcile, count, and control inventory within the warehouse including the year-end inventory process
- Process inventory transactions (e.g. material receipts, inventory adjustments) and provide recommendations for handling excess & obsolete material.
- Communicate with vendors regarding orders, pricing, discrepancies, repairs, rejected materials and returns, etc.
- Assist with the expediting of items that are out of stock or low in inventory. Communicate the status of these items to the appropriate departments.
- Additional tasks as assigned.
- Manages Complexity – Making sense of complex information to effectively solve problems.
- Action Oriented – Has a strong bottom-line orientation. Persists in accomplishing objectives despite obstacles and setbacks. Has a track record of exceeding goals successfully. Pushes self and helps other achieve results.
- Collaborates – Worked cooperatively with others across the organization to achieve shared objectives. Represents own interests while being fair to others and other areas. Partners with other to get work done. Credits others for their contributions and accomplishments. Gains trust and support of others.
- Instills Trust – Follows through on commitments. Is seen as direct and truthful. Keeps confidences. Practices what he/she preaches. Shows consistency between works and actions.
- BS/BA degree preferred or equivalent work experience.
- Experience using ERP systems in a Materials related capacity.
- Understanding of inventory management concepts such as MRP, inventory cycle counts, etc.
- Experience with Microsoft Excel, Word, and Power Point.
- Capable of working independently as well as in a team-based environment.
- Good analytical skills: observation, attention to detail, prioritization, and problem solving.
- Candidate should be able and willing to lift at least 31.5 lbs. from ground level to a shelf 50 inches from the floor. The candidate should also be able to move 165 lbs. of kegged beer from one location to another by sliding it on the floor.
- Selected candidate will be required to pass a post-offer, pre-employment background and driver’s license check.
- Adherence to safety policies and procedures of the worksite.
This Job Description is only a summary of the typical functions of the job, not an exhaustive or comprehensive list of all possible job responsibilities, tasks and duties.
Artisanal Brewing Ventures is an Equal Opportunity Employer