Website Southern Tier Brewing Company
Here’s your opportunity to join a growing organization committed to revolutionizing the craft beer industry. Southern Tier Brewing Company was founded in 2002 and is owned by Artisanal Brewing Ventures, a top 10 regional craft brewer in the United States. Southern Tier is recognized in the industry for innovation in craft brewing, and is committed to producing the highest quality product.
What an exciting time to join the team at Southern Tier Brewing Company! With the opening of our Pittsburgh & Cleveland locations as well as our Charlotte location with our friends at Victory Brewing Company & Sixpoint Brewing, the opportunities here are limitless. Becoming a member of the STBC team means you’re joining a truly unique and progressing organization that values the employees’ enthusiasm, commitment, and desire to work with others.
We are looking for world class candidates who share in our vision towards becoming a world class organization.
The Logistics Coordinator’s primary responsibility is to coordinate logistics for all inbound and outbound shipments of top quality and consistent beer. The Logistics Coordinator will serve as the very beginning of the fulfillment pipeline by analyzing on hand stock in relation to shipments.
Reports to: Warehouse Manager
- Coordinate and execute daily and weekly shipping schedules to ship the most volume of the highest quality beer in the most efficient and cost effective manner possible.
- Coordinate and organize a weekly logistics plan using Obeer to achieve 100% customer fulfillment based on promised order delivery.
- Coordinate and execute daily and weekly logistics plans with carriers to insure timely shipments and deliveries of the highest quality beer to our customers.
- Works with the Warehouse Manager to balance shipments on daily basis.
- Works with our Keg Self-Collect distributors to get those assets returned.
- Record and manage shipping and logistics data.
- Tracks key freight metrics and has the ability to make decision based on those metrics.
- Works under the direction of the Warehouse Manager.
- Responsible for working as a part of the Distribution team to ensure that all shipments, inbound and outbound are timely, accurate, and shipped in the most cost effective manner.
- Strategic Mindset – Anticipates future trends and implications accurately. Readily poses future scenarios. Articulate credible pictures and visions of possibilities that will create sustainable value. Creates competitive and breakthrough strategies that show a clear connection between vision and action.
- Decision Quality – Makes sound decisions, even in the absence of complete information. Relies on a mixture of analysis, wisdom, experience, and judgement when making decisions. Considers all relevant factors and uses appropriate decision-making criteria and principles. Recognizes when a quick 80% solution will suffice.
- Action Oriented – Has a strong bottom-line orientation. Persists in accomplishing objectives despite obstacles and setbacks. Has a track record of exceeding goals successfully. Pushes self and helps other achieve results.
- Drives Results – Consistently achieving results, even under tough circumstances.
- Communicates Effectively – Is effective in a variety of communication settings: one-on-one, small and large groups, or among diverse styles and position levels. Attentively listens to others. Adjusts to fit the audience and message. Provides timely and helpful information to others across the organization. Encourage the open expression of diverse ideas and opinion.
- Collaborate – Worked cooperatively with others across the organization to achieve shared objectives. Represents own interests while being fair to others and other areas. Partners with other to get work done. Credits others for their contributions and accomplishments. Gains trust and support of others.
- Plans & Aligns – Planning and prioritizing work to meet commitments aligned with organizational goals.
- Good time management, communication skills, project management and people skills
- Must be able to multi-task and stay focused on objectives
- Willingness to work closely as a team.
- Ability to work and stay motivated with minimal supervision.
- Highly detail oriented while managing multiple tasks.
- Ability to communicate cross-functionally in order to achieve objectives.
- Highly proficient in Microsoft Excel.
- Skilled in critical thinking and problem solving.
- The Logistics Coordinator is an operational manager; responsible for managing situations, rather than staff. Many of the day-to-day decisions are made at a team level, but the Warehouse Manager has the overall authority to make decisions for this department in keeping with company goals and objectives.
This position currently has no supervisory responsibility.
- Occasionally sit or stand for long periods of time
- Frequently sit, stand, walk, bend over, twist, kneel, climb, stoop and crouch. This position occasionally requires the ability to routinely and repeatedly lift up to 55 pounds and maneuver 170 pounds repeatedly.
- Use their hands to perform fine manipulation, handle or feel, and must be able to reach with hands and arms.
- This position requires having close, distance, color and peripheral vision as well as depth perception and the ability to adjust focus.
Position Type/Expected Hours of Work
This is a full-time, salaried position. Days of work are typically Monday through Friday. Evening and weekend work may be required as job duties demand.
There is no expected travel for this role.
The Logistics Coordinator will primarily perform work duties in an office, with frequent trips to the production and warehouse areas. While performing the duties of this job, the employee is regularly exposed to a damp, wet environment with hot liquids, airborne particles and moving machinery. The noise level in the work environment can be very loud.
This job description is only a summary of the typical functions of the job, not an exhaustive or comprehensive list of all possible job responsibilities, tasks and duties.
Artisanal Brewing Ventures is an Equal Opportunity Employer