Website Southern Tier Brewing Company
Here’s your opportunity to join a growing organization committed to revolutionizing the craft beer industry. Southern Tier Brewing Company was founded in 2002 and is owned by Artisanal Brewing Ventures, a top 10 regional craft brewer in the United States. Southern Tier is recognized in the industry for innovation in craft brewing, and is committed to producing the highest quality product.
What an exciting time to join the team at Southern Tier Brewing Company! With the opening of our Pittsburgh & Cleveland locations as well as our Charlotte location with our friends at Victory Brewing Company & Sixpoint Brewing, the opportunities here are limitless. Becoming a member of the STBC team means you’re joining a truly unique and progressing organization that values the employees’ enthusiasm, commitment, and desire to work with others.
We are looking for world class candidates who share in our vision towards becoming a world class organization.
The Packaging Associate is responsible for performing daily tasks to meet packaging schedules. He/she is responsible for operating the packaging equipment, including, but not limited to; carton/carrier erection machines, depalletizers, drop packers (glass), case wrappers (cans), tray packers (cans), case sealers and palletizers, as well as any manual tasks necessary to the overall packaging operation. The Packaging Associate is responsible for always maintaining a clean, safe working environment, to ensure that the beers that are packaged are of the highest quality, packaged in the best ways possible. The Packaging Associate is an important ambassador for the Southern Tier brand.
Reports to: Packaging Supervisor
- Ensures that all daily packaging activities on the bottling and can lines in Lakewood are executed safely and in accordance with SOPs.
- Responsible for operating packaging equipment (box shop, depalletizers, packers, wrappers, sealers, palletizers).
- Responsible for performing manual packaging operations, as needed (hand packing, hand stacking).
- Performs miscellaneous tasks and projects as directed by the Packaging Supervisor, including, but not limited to; cleaning, painting, disposing of old product, assembling packaging, taking inventory, light maintenance, etc.
- High school graduate or equivalent
- Familiarity with brewery safety programs and priority commitment to worker safety
- An understanding of brewery sanitation and food safety programs
- An understanding of packaging equipment operation
- Strong organizational skills
- Ability to multitask
- Strong work ethic and a high level of professionalism
- Occasionally sit or stand for long periods of time
- Frequently sit, stand, walk, bend over, twist, kneel, climb, stoop and crouch. This position requires the ability to routinely and repeatedly lift up to 55 pounds and maneuver 170 pounds repeatedly
- Use their hands to perform fine manipulation, handle or feel, and must be able to reach with their hands and arms
- Identify product deficiencies (color, smell, taste); this requires having close, distance, color and peripheral vision as well as depth perception and the ability to adjust focus
- Safely and properly handle hazardous materials in various size quantities, and operate complex moving machinery
- The Packaging Associate will primarily perform work duties in production areas.
- While performing the duties of the job, the Packaging Associate is regularly exposed to a damp, wet environment with hot liquids, airborne particles, chemicals and moving machinery. There can be loud noise levels, and protective eyewear is required on the production floor at all times.
- Candidate should be able and willing to lift at least 31.5 lbs. from ground level to a shelf 50 inches from the floor. The candidate should also be able to move 165 lbs. of kegged beer from one location to another by sliding it on the floor.
- Selected candidate will be required to pass a post-offer, pre-employment background and driver’s license check.
- Adherence to safety policies and procedures of the worksite.
- You must be at least 21 years of age.
- Be able to work in a standing position for long periods of time (up to 5 hours).
- Be able to reach, bend, stoop and frequently lift up to 50 pounds.
Alcohol Responsibility – The candidate must fully understand that they are a representative of not only the company, but of the alcohol beverage industry. They are to conduct themselves within the limits of the law and with concern to the education of responsible consumption at all times. This includes working hours, trade shows, festivals and while entertaining in the name of the company or its affiliates. Any poor reflection or legal matters that may arise due to poor judgment may be dealt with by means of disciplinary action up to and including termination.
This position has no supervisory responsibilities.
This Job Description is only a summary of the typical functions of the job, not an exhaustive or comprehensive list of all possible job responsibilities, tasks and duties.
Southern Tier Brewing Company is an Equal Opportunity Employer