Website Southern Tier Brewing Company
Process Support – Maintenance Supervisor
Here’s your opportunity to join a growing organization committed to revolutionizing the craft beer industry. Southern Tier Brewing Company was founded in 2002 and is owned by Artisanal Brewing Ventures, a top 10 regional craft brewer in the United States. Southern Tier is recognized in the industry for innovation in craft brewing, and is committed to producing the highest quality product.
What an exciting time to join the team at Southern Tier Brewing Company! With the opening of our Pittsburgh & Cleveland locations as well as our Charlotte location with our friends at Victory Brewing Company & Sixpoint Brewing, the opportunities here are limitless. Becoming a member of the STBC team means you’re joining a truly unique and progressing organization that values the employees’ enthusiasm, commitment, and desire to work with others,
We are looking for world class candidates who share in our vision towards becoming a world class organization.
The Process Support – Maintenance Supervisor is responsible for managing maintenance projects throughout the brewery facility. He/she is responsible for managing and scheduling all Process Support staff, directing the activities for ensuring maximum production efficiency with minimum equipment downtime in a clean, safe environment. He/she is responsible for issuing work orders for preventive maintenance (PM) program tasks, for ordering parts and maintaining parts inventory. He/she is also responsible for overseeing preventive maintenance (PM) program tasks on all shifts, as well as daily routine service on brewing and packaging equipment in all areas of the facility. He/she is responsible for ensuring maximum production efficiency with minimum equipment downtime in a clean, safe environment. The Process Support – Maintenance Supervisor is an important ambassador for the Southern Tier brand.
Reports to: General Manager
- Manage maintenance projects, including in house projects, as well as working with outside contractors with the installation and commissioning of new parts and equipment
- Work directly with the operations and production teams to plan facility improvement projects at all production facilities
- Administer and manage computerized maintenance management systems (CMMS), to issue and track work orders, maintain parts inventory and order replacement parts as necessary
- Issue work orders for off shift preventive maintenance (PM) program tasks, utilizing CCMS.
- Provide technical feedback, analysis, and assist with daily duties and reporting responsibilities in support of the maintenance department and operations
- Responsible for consistent, accurate and timely, monitoring, troubleshooting, repair/response, maintenance of utility/production control systems in accordance with established standards and specification
- Work with Production teams to schedule equipment downtime for routine maintenance
- Source replacement parts
- Specify and source equipment upgrades
- Adhere to and enforce all applicable local, state and federal laws, rules, and regulations
- Knowledge and aptitude to repair hydraulic and pneumatic components that include pumps, valves, cylinders, and compressors.
- Read blueprints and schematics to determine work procedures in order to dismantle, overhaul, and assemble industrial machinery by using hand and power tools.
- Plan and schedule preventive maintenance, predictive maintenance and unplanned corrective work.
- Develop and implement strategies to help improve efficiencies throughout the production facility.
- Keep accurate and complete records of repairs and preventative maintenance tasks as completed.
- Identify, propose, and discuss solutions of equipment and facility issues with brewery management.
- Assist staff in keeping maintenance shop neat and organized.
Knowledge, Skills and Abilities the Process Support – Maintenance Supervisor Must Possess:
- Familiarity with brewery safety programs and priority commitment to worker safety
- Have clear knowledge of all systems utilized by STBC production, including:
- Brewhouse: Steam system, centrifugal pumps, spent grain system, mill, augers, heat exchangers, gear boxes etc.
- Glycol System Chillers, pumps, evaporators, plumbing, solenoids, PID Controllers etc.
- Steam System: Boiler, heat exchangers, steam traps, etc.
- Packaging Equipment: Canning, bottling, and kegging linesAll Other Brewery and tasting rooms systems and utilities
- Knowledge of preventive maintenance and equipment reliability
- Cost Accounting, capital planning, budget making skills
- Experience with computerized maintenance management systems (CMMS)
- Computer skills proficiency in MS Office, project management software and a CAD program
- Continuous improvement techniques (Lean, TPM, Kaizen)
- An understanding of brewery sanitation and food safety programs
- The ability to manage a diverse team of mechanics
- Exceptional communication skills
- Confident public speaking skills
- Strong organizational skills
- Ability to multitask
- The ability to work and/or be available flexible hours, including off shifts, weekends and holidays
- Strong work ethic and a high level of professionalism
- Exceptional communication skills
- Ability to act as a liaison to vendors and suppliers
- An above average competence level dealing with electrical systems, specifically, PLC’s, controls, and automated production systems (Rockwell automation software)
- Basic understanding of refrigeration, boilers and steam and HVAC systems.
- Ability to multi-task; yet stay focused on company targets & objectives
- Ability to act as a liaison to vendors and suppliers
- Ability to track inventory and order parts as needed
- Wastewater operations knowledge a plus
- An understanding of brewery sanitation and food safety programs and priority commitment to operator safety
- Possess creative problem solving skills to perform equipment improvements and enhancements to optimize production with positive contribution to all key plant indicators of safety, quality, cost, and service.
- Microsoft Office familiarity, particularly with Excel and Word
- Ability to read and interpret manuals, schematics, and blue prints
- Knowledge of Siemens or Botec software is a plus
- Any experience with payroll and labor management software is a plus
- High school graduate or equivalent
- A Bachelor’s degree in mechanical, electrical engineering, or any other technical related discipline, with a minimum of three (3) years of experience in general maintenance in a packaging environment, or equivalent work experience required
- Minimum 4 years in supervisory industrial maintenance management
- Experience with automated manufacturing and packaging systems preferred
- Minimum 4 years of experience in a production/manufacturing environment
- Experience with wastewater operations a plus
- Perform work duties in all areas of the facility to assist Process Support staff (Brewery, Waste Water, Distillery & Warehouse)
- Occasionally work above grade, from ladders and lifts
- Occasionally work below grade and in confined spaces (non-permit and permit)
- Occasionally work outdoors, year round, in a variety of temperature and weather conditions
- Frequently sit, stand, walk, bend over, twist, kneel, climb, stoop and crouch. This position requires the ability to routinely and repeatedly lift up to 55 pounds and maneuver 170 pounds repeatedly
- Use their hands to perform fine manipulation, handle or feel, and must be able to reach with their hands and arms
- The Process Support – Maintenance Supervisor will primarily perform work duties in an office, in production areas and in the mechanic shop.
- While performing the duties of the job, the Process Support – Maintenance Supervisor may be exposed to a damp, wet environment with hot liquids, airborne particles, chemicals and moving machinery. There can be loud noise levels, and protective eyewear is required on the production floor at all times.
Alcohol Responsibility – The candidate must fully understand that they are a representative of not only the company, but of the alcohol beverage industry. They are to conduct themselves within the limits of the law and with concern to the education of responsible consumption at all times. This includes working hours, trade shows, festivals and while entertaining in the name of the company or its affiliates. Any poor reflection or legal matters that may arise due to poor judgment may be dealt with by means of disciplinary action up to and including termination.
Position Type/Expected Hours of Work
This is a full-time, hourly position. Days of work are typically Monday through Friday. Evening and weekend work may be required as job duties demand.
Process Support – Maintenance Department.
This Job Description is only a summary of the typical functions of the job, not an exhaustive or comprehensive list of all possible job responsibilities, tasks and duties.
Southern Tier Brewing Company is an Equal Opportunity Employer