Website Southern Tier Brewing Company
Here’s your opportunity to join a growing organization committed to revolutionizing the craft beer industry! Southern Tier Brewing Company is looking for a knowledgeable and enthusiastic Tour Guide to join our team.
Southern Tier Brewing Company was founded in 2002 and is owned by Artisanal Brewing Ventures, a top 10 regional craft brewer in the United States. Southern Tier is recognized in the industry for innovation in craft brewing, and is committed to producing the highest quality product.
What an exciting time to join the team at Southern Tier Brewing Company! With the opening of our Pittsburgh & Cleveland locations as well as our Charlotte location with our friends at Victory Brewing Company & Sixpoint Brewing, the opportunities here are limitless. Becoming a member of the STBC team means you’re joining a truly unique and progressing organization that values the employees’ enthusiasm, commitment, and desire to work with others.
We are looking for world class candidates who share in our vision towards becoming a world class organization.
The Tour Guide is responsible for sharing the story of Southern Tier and educating our customers on the brewing process ensuring a positive & entertaining experience for customers and guests. The Tour Guide will have strong communication skills & an engaging personality.
Reports to: General Manager and Tour Specialist
- Learns the history of Southern Tier, our process, & the culture of the brand. Conveys this information to all levels of beer knowledge.
- Conducts guided tours of the brewery to groups of up to 18
- Provides storytelling & anecdotes to enhance the guest experience.
- Describes beers, brewing techniques, & brewery history; answers visitors’ questions about beers.
- Follows OSHA safety regulations ensuring all guests are compliant while in the brewery.
- Keeps guests together during the tour & makes sure there is no unsupervised wandering.
- Maintains the tour area by addressing or reporting safety hazards, dirty conditions, damaged equipment, or other items that could detract from Southern Tier’s brand.
- Provides excellent customer service.
- Follows & completes a checklist for pre and post tour responsibilities.
- Actively suggests ideas to optimize & improve tours.
- Knowledge of craft beer and brewing process
- Cicerone Certified Beer Server (preferred)
- Experience in customer service
- Organized and detail oriented
- Well-spoken and articulate in front of a crowd
- Ability to guide tour groups through a warehouse space, ensuring guests don’t touch equipment or move into a space without being directed to do so
- High-energy and enthusiastic!
- Needs to be available minimally two Saturdays a month and be flexible with other availability
- Ability to walk and stand for prolonged periods.
- Ability to navigate staircases, wet floors, and tight spaces.
- Ability to comfortably speak before large groups of people.
- Ability to work near moving machinery parts.
- Selected candidate will be required to pass a post-offer, pre-employment background and driver’s license check.
- Adherence to safety policies and procedures of the worksite.
- You must be at least 21 years of age.
- Be able to work in a standing position for long periods of time (up to 5 hours).
Alcohol Responsibility – The candidate must fully understand that they are a representative of not only the company, but of the alcohol beverage industry. They are to conduct themselves within the limits of the law and with concern to the education of responsible consumption at all times. This includes working hours, trade shows, festivals and while entertaining in the name of the company or its affiliates. Any poor reflection or legal matters that may arise due to poor judgment may be dealt with by means of disciplinary action up to and including termination.
This position has no supervisory responsibilities.
This Job Description is only a summary of the typical functions of the job, not an exhaustive or comprehensive list of all possible job responsibilities, tasks and duties.
Southern Tier Brewing Company is an Equal Opportunity Employer