Website Southern Tier Brewing Company
Wastewater Treatment Plant Operator
Here’s your opportunity to join a growing organization committed to revolutionizing the craft beer industry. Southern Tier Brewing Company was founded in 2002 and is owned by Artisanal Brewing Ventures, a top 10 regional craft brewer in the United States. Southern Tier is recognized in the industry for innovation in craft brewing, and is committed to producing the highest quality product.
What an exciting time to join the team at Southern Tier Brewing Company! With the opening of our Pittsburgh & Cleveland locations as well as our Charlotte location with our friends at Victory Brewing Company & Sixpoint Brewing, the opportunities here are limitless. Becoming a member of the STBC team means you’re joining a truly unique and progressing organization that values the employees’ enthusiasm, commitment, and desire to work with others.
We are looking for world class candidates who share in our vision towards becoming a world class organization.
The Wastewater Treatment Plant Operator is responsible for performing the daily activities associated with treatment of brewery effluent to meet our permitted daily discharge limits. This includes operating, cleaning, and maintaining automated and manual equipment associated with effluent screening, pH buffering, anaerobic digesting, aerobic polishing, and dissolved air floatation separation.
Reports to: Wastewater Treatment Plant Manager
- Monitor and operate automated equipment
- Monitor and operate manual controls
- Perform maintenance on equipment including pump repair, valve repair, troubleshooting automated systems including sensors and electrical systems
- Perform laboratory analysis of samples including COD, BOD, and phosphorus using titrations and other basic laboratory procedures
- Use Microsoft Office to collect, analyze, and report data
- High School diploma or equivalent
- Minimum 3 years of wastewater treatment, industrial processing, or industrial maintenance experience
- Familiarity with safety regulations and best-practices in an industrial environment
- Advanced mechanical aptitude
- Basic understanding of Microsoft Office software
- Ability to periodically work all shifts, including weekend
- Primarily stand for long periods of time
- Frequently sit, stand, walk, bend over, twist, kneel, climb, stoop and crouch. This position requires the ability to routinely and repeatedly lift up to 55 pounds and maneuver 170 pounds repeatedly
- Use their hands to perform fine manipulation, handle or feel, and must be able to reach with their hands and arms
- Identify product deficiencies (color, smell, taste); this requires having close, distance, color and peripheral vision as well as depth perception and the ability to adjust focus
- Safely and properly handle hazardous materials in various size quantities, and operate complex moving machinery
This position has no supervisory responsibilities.
The Wastewater Treatment Plant Operator may perform their job in loud, cold, hot, wet environments, in an office, in a laboratory, and around dangerous chemicals
This Job Description is only a summary of the typical functions of the job, not an exhaustive or comprehensive list of all possible job responsibilities, tasks and duties.
Southern Tier Brewing Company is an Equal Opportunity Employer